View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 01:34 AM
VideoKarma Member

Location: Valley of the Sun, formerly Silicon Valley, formerly Packer Land.
New update from Mike last night.

UPDATE, DECEMBER 20, 2018, DAY 142

Greetings and Merry Christmas Marshall and family.

The relay that takes the load off the main on/off switch has been installed. The relay is installed on the top of the power supply chassis. There was absolutely no room whatsoever on the bottom of the main chassis and there was plenty of room on the power supply chassis. The brown wire is the one that brings in the power from the main interlock which exists on the main chassis. There were no spare connections available on the original plug assembly. The brown wire has its own separate connecting plug. 3 photos show the placement of the new component on the power supply chassis. Next is the task of removing the tuner, rebuilding it and re-installing it. Then we can get on with powering up the chassis with the sweep circuits disabled. This will allow testing of the tuner, I.F. strip, sync circuits, video amplifiers and hopefully, more.

Cheers, Mike

Author: I’m happy Mike is once again doing this modification. He installed a relay in our 21CT55. In our home whith many appliances running at the same time, if I switch on the 21CT55, I see the lights dim briefly. A lot of current passes through the relay to the power switch. Merry Christmas Mike and VK members.

Last edited by etype2; 12-21-2018 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Clarity
Audiokarma