View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 05:15 PM
VideoKarma Member

I seem to be getting behind on replying to these things. Some of us don't know how to limit themselves to one project at a time, so I have 2 benches full.

About this unit being in a repair shop, it may have certainly had an issue when it was there, but the owner of the shop had this set up as his personal tv up on a 5ft tall filing cabinet. It was positioned so it could be watched from where he always sat. It may have just had an issue he decided to live with.

In regards to the cataract, it is a cataract. With the screen off you can see the yellow in between the layers and small cracking spots here and there.

I have a sl2000 betamax as well, and it would be great with this TV once both are fixed. My tv is a 1974, what is yours?

When adjusting controls the smear doesnt seem to change at all, but I will mess with it soon.

I ordered some caps for the powersupply just to see how it all goes, but overall this TV has gotten better in some aspects. When it was powered up in the shop the black line was still at the top of the screen, but the tv would not pick up any input. After a Deoxit bath it started getting a picture, but you all saw the picture it gave.

If this thing needs a new tube it'll have to sit. Finding TV parts in rural Tennessee is impossible.