View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 10:42 AM
<-- Me and my "first" TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubis7 View Post
Where are you in Southern Maryland? I'm in Northern VA. Dunno how much help I could be right now, but I can't imagine it would hurt to have someone learn to use some of this stuff at 21.

Actually, come to think of it, as a recently graduated film student, do you think it would be a good idea to do a sort of documentary on the process? Having sort of edu-video of tube rebuilding would help preserve the knowledge for the future. I'm a screenwriter myself, but I know people who make documentaries.
There is a bit of information available, but unfortunately no formal video documentation / training film of the process.

Bob Galanter documented Scotty performing the operations at Hawkeye and I put his video online. Jerome Halphen and Nick Williams also recorded video of Nick's apprenticeship at RACS before they closed, which I have posted in unedited form.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Uwq-L41psfpLJQ

If we ever have Scotty come by to do training at the museum I do plan to make a full, formal documentation of the process and his instructions.

I'd gratefully accept any assistance you'd be willing to offer regarding Early Television Museum videos.

-- Dave Sica 732-382-0618
Audiokarma