View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 12:31 AM
VideoKarma Member

This has to be one of the strangest and most persistent tv problems I've had. So I didn't watch this set for about a week, turned it on and the same problem was back.

First I thought it was the crt socket again, but there was no voltage on the ground straps. I even took the socket apart and ran the tv while it was doing it and I was looking at the voltage on each of the pins, to see if it was jumping up and down, but it wasn't.

I noticed that flipping the setup switch back and forth made it worse. I eventually just soldered the pins together so it was stuck permanently in normal mode. This fixed the worse problem I created by messing with the switch, but the tv was still doing it like it was before.

I finally just changed the crt socket. I didn't have a Zenith one, but I had a universal replacement one with 3' leads still new in the package. It's been on for about 30 min and so far with the new socket, it seems ok. It seems swapping in the new socket fixed it, even though I couldn't detect any more problems with the old one.