View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 12:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifties View Post
^ you know, partner, i have no clue as to what you were saying.

Ok, so the strangest damn thing happened. I was hassling with my sony blu-ray/dvd player (fodder for another thread), and discovered that it could control the tv functions, power/volume/input, from distance. I then tried the tv's rcu, and it also was again able to do it's thing from the couch. So i have no clue as to what occurred, but i'll take it.
please forgive the cap [in] is stuck I have a stuck cherry mx brown mech.keycap or switch I will fix as time permits or use the warranty.

Your convrsation:

you may look at my qualified 6 yr educ. In my profile if it matters :

You may be getting a weak intermittent or failing spectrum broadcast from your remote as i expect from your first post given the age of the product and the related MTBF (mean time before failure )statistical mean and average in play.

Given the age of the product my considered opinion is :

Delayed onset remote control faiulre from normal use, deteriorations or external provations

recommend a good quality & qualified new remote control, Harmomy comes to mind lots of price ,features and benefit tiers all good quality

*unlikey inside TV potentials and provacatins*

note: The suggestins to contraray have no supprting arugument or plausibe hypohsies given the last reort,
and they never did beyond a random guess or foolish anecdotal opinon anyway which are considered foolish at empirical science not as an an insult or provocative
opinions are not scinece anfd rarley facts and always for sale or for fools in these matters .

Unlikely inside tv potentials and provacatins*

.0 POST was normal no errors present no time outs or soft resets or aborted startup. PWM/PSU is switching current potentials and restive/thermal load and storing reserves fine

0 PWM PSU device ,platforms drivers ,process device ,EDID broadcast to Video stack ,API ,I/O ,ROM ATSC sevvice and lamp are normal or active

....Grace notes API is down :

0.1 Ransom wear is dormant and at ready stay for remote execution or predetermined local provocations :-\

1 logic & logic feedback is fine TV will not start or run without both logic potentials /

2 dc voltage potentials are fine same rules. psu /Lanp current potentials and restive load are present lanp is active

3.you may haver intermittent ir syst or rem.likey typical remote delayed on set fail behaviors

4.thermal variables ,

5.external spectrum ,thermal or electronic provocations or variables like materials condition's

6. Materials deposition,deterioration's rust or corrosion , migrations or human interventions (dropped?) -(unintended tidy bowl cruising :-\ ) hurled at a hard surface just because :-\

Credibly add to this of course , can not support an empherical (factual) augment or the pretenders :
Otherwise shut the door on your way our you are mot qualified to diagnose any of this beyond pulling and pushing parts like an addled scroll boy
Tech savvy additions are always welcome as well as a good argument

Overestimated abilities ,cognitive BIAS anecdotal opinion and subjective opinion are not a diag. or facts or anyhing applicable here ,keep then in your trousers back pocket go sit on them and think about an education in the subject at hand or change your hobby or vocation.

oh ....and pretends the door rule applies to you too break,break

Last edited by tubetwister; 08-18-2017 at 12:53 AM.