View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Tube bug got me 05/2010

Heh... right now it's tracking nothing- The tone arm is off of the control tower because someone swiped the spring from it.
Got plenty of springs in my spares so I should be able to find something for it.

Any ideas on needle-less cartridges? There looks to be a permanently fixed copper "fin" with a small point attached to the end.

The mechanisms still seem to operate smoothly, so apart from needing a little lube and TLC, it looks like it will be all right. Might need to oil the motor bearings though. The turntable has a 4-way selector- 78, 45, 30, and 15 rpm...
The other selector is labelled "Off", something indicating play, and "Rej", which I assume advances the record (it has one of those arms that lets you load more than one record at once.

It plugs in to a special socket on the chassis- presumably switched and activated by the knob to change from phono to radio.

There's also another (internal) socket like it labelled "TV only" or something ?!?? Any idea where/why/what that would be for? Set with a built-in TV might be possible- there was more than enough room in the cabinet for a small tube.

Cheers,
VintagePC