View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 06:58 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB5pro View Post
I drove a very charming 63 corvair spyder turbo convertable a very little but. If only for being so small it seemed scary unsafe to me just like the vw bugaboo.
I would not want someone i know driving one but in the most safe road conditions of minimal traffic.
It is very difficult to argue against doing all to protect anybody's safety.
My mark v makes me feel like i am as safe as in a rolls royce. I guess i am spoiled in my mind. Ha ha!
I personally strongly dislike that mentality that others should not be allowed to take risk. Even if a car is not safe by someone's standards, that does not mean someone else should not be allowed to take a calculated risk.

I drive a Mark V regular in the summers, and while it feels a good bit better than many others I've driven it ain't perfect either....I've hydroplaned and fishtailed in it many times. I've also taken calculated risks in/with that car...For a while I was having braking problems that I eventually traced to a leaky master cylinder, but while I was trying to figure it out there were a few months where the first press of the pedal might not do anything every 3-5th time...I drove it such that I could deal with that quirk till I fixed it.

I personally dislike small zippy cars like corvettes, preludes, and the like, as I feel they temp drivers to bring out their worst habits, and often offer poor safety in a crash relative to a larger car...Would I tell someone not to own one, no, but I would probably not ever have one of my own.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4