View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 08:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakiri View Post
A lot of truth there. I traded in my 2009 Scion xB for my 07 Cadillac DTS. The DTS won't get the 32 MPG highway 26 city, it won't go for a bazillion miles without a complaint, and it won't shrug off muddy kids with a little wipedown.

But the Scion wasn't a Cadillac

The Scion Xb has been on my want list for a long time, the early ones were cavernous inside, perfect for hauling TV's and the mileage in outstanding.

Since my second vehicle needs are fairly minimal these days the old Aerostar is sufficient, and it's paid for, actually it was "Free", it was my Dads and I got it after he died because I had rebuilt the engine in it, though the job had never been completed and the crackhead he hired to swap engines screwed it up royally.
Would you believe he forgot to install the timing cover gasket. and that was the most minor of his mistakes.

My "Free" van ultimately cost about $1600 to put on the road (including $400 in DMV fees because Dad didn't fill out a non-op slip ), but it pretty much has new everything and it's fairly Lux, with power windows & locks, three row seating, P/S, dual zone A/C, AM/FM with rear controls, limited slip differential (not functional since the clutches are worn out but oh well, it never Snows here).