View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 11:03 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPiggy View Post
Hi guys
I am trying to source a schematic for this 5" colour set. Possibly a Tandy/Radio Shack variant??
The hor hold was off when I switched on after receiving in the mail. I adj it for a good lock and was fine all day with cover off. I replaced the cover and turned on again and within 10mins the hor hold had drifted again. So I assume its a heat related issue? Capacitor maybe?
Anyway I took it to bits and noticed a burned out resistor. R702. I am wandering if this has anything to do with the fault? It is burned badly and therefore colour code has gone. I need to try and get a circuit for this chassis.
I have included a few pics in case anyone recognises it as being used in other sets? I cannot find any info on this set at all sigh!! Many thanks for any help.
Terry
It's possibly made by Toshiba. It's made for the European or UK market.
Tandy and Radio Shack used to be great for sourcing parts and servicing information, but I don't think that holds true today.
Not having a schematic, it's hard to tell what circuit that burnt resistor it's in. Possibly, the voltage regular circuit for the stage that's unstable.