View Single Post
Old 06-09-2023, 07:57 AM
Retired Batwings Tech

Actually the registration isn't too far off judging by the picture here, just take your time and tweak the deflection board using the manual and it will all come together. Use the AWB and ABB then auto center switches on the front before getting carried away with the adjustments, the auto adjustments on these are quite good and M3 cameras are exceptionally sharp once adjusted right with a well lit subject.

A tangent but related.
I don't know if its in your budget but if you're looking for a good high quality capture medium I'd suggest looking at a Newtek Tricaster either the TC550 broadcast or the TC350 Studio. The 550 broadcast will accept composite, S/Video Betacam and SDI digital on 6 separate inputs plus 48K AES audio and genlock and it has the same signalling on both the preview and program bus. The box runs under WinXP and if you find one out there without a drive I can build a legit system drive back up for you as there is a system builder partition on the drives that I can build from, all you need is the serial numbers which are on the box side and back. I have the TC550 Broadcast and the raw capture of this is second to none, the TC350 is just as good but without the SDI, genlock or AES audio I/O. They however will NOT run under anything other than the Newtek specific Windows XP that is on the recovery partition of an OEM drive, yes a step back in OS tech but I have yet to find anything on the prosumer market that captures as well as the Newtek boards without the 4:2:2 RY/BY striping or fuzzies. In a later post I will do a screenshot from a composite laserdisc source so you can see for yourself.

Last edited by ARC Tech-109; 06-09-2023 at 10:07 AM.
Audiokarma