View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 05:12 PM
Not sure how I got here.

Well thanks for this posting. I have been looking for something along these lines. There are a few stations that come in well all the time, mostly VHF, the UHF ones get lost in the winter. I got a deal on a 91GX yagi and plan to put it on a rotor and add it to my existing antenna. I also want to add a pre-amp, plus possibly filters to help reduce noise a little.

Those amps are quite impressive, except for the very narrow band they cover. I was thinking of passing the part of the band where I have a mousies butt of a chance of getting the station(s) and stopping the rest. You know those arr amps will have the NF shoot right up if they covered the entire UHF tv band.

And I agree on NF being one of the largest factors to consider while setting up an antenna/amp system.

With digital every little thing helps. And for this I ground everything, all wire, amp cases, antenna masts, etc.

I'm going to do some looking into that book too.
Thank you!

Almost forgot, I bought a specialty amp once by RF Bay, from someone on ebay, something like this:

500-1000MHz 35dB Gain, NF=1.8dB, LNA-1035, New, SMA

I didn't get this one, but you can see they have quite the low NF and cover a very large BW. The one I got was one of the models limited to the tv band, and since it was not a perfect match, I just made sure nothing was on that part of the band, like it may have not covered the very upper UHF, or part of the VHF which don't need as much help here....

Last edited by Username1; 06-17-2013 at 05:27 PM.