Thread: 1.5 inch crt
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 05:33 AM
VideoKarma Member

I have the horiz and vert IC chips that were used for the tv the tube came from maybe they can be used or would be better to use, I don't know. It seems to me you have a better understanding on this subject already. And yes the tube has a yoke with 4 connections. The tube has 5 connections on it but the tube used for the clock has I think 10 connections so I'm not sure which ones would have to be used. I don't even know if this tube will work with the clock being it has adjustment pots that may not bring the image down to the size of this small tube, down from a 3rp1. The hv should be around 2.2.5 kv and a bug zapper circuit with the bleeder resistor used generates just that. The other possible problem is the cathode is shared with the heater on this small tube and the clock circuit has a separate cathode so that means a separate power supply for the heater. Then there is the sweep board from the tv the tube came from, which has pots, hv , heater voltage but there was problems with that board where the traces were corroded, a common problem with those tvs. If I can get that board working maybe I can use that.

Last edited by timmy; 06-21-2017 at 06:08 AM.