View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 09:19 PM
VideoKarma Member

RCA WR-99A Marker Generator User Pdf Needed

I don't know what compelled me to purchase this thing other than the fact that I have a dot bar gen. from about the same time frame, and I love the build quality and look of what RCA was doing with test equipment at that time (except certain VoltOhmyst VTVMs). Not as much as I love Hickok stuff from the 50s, but this RCA early 60s stuff is pretty darned tough.

It is called a Crystal Calibrated Marker Generator. It looks as if it may be capable of doing all sorts of things, but honestly probably things that I wish I knew more about, but pretty much don't need to know about; if that makes sense. I do understand that it fundamentally is just an FM signal generator with many functions that are probably great if you are into doing television alignments and such. LOL, more times than not I read about trying to avoid issues in old TVs that will throw off factory alignment. I've "restored" a number of old TVs and I haven't had to do an alignment yet and I'm not getting any younger.

Lucky for me, these days I am generally back to old AM and shortwave radios as I simply can't be a TV set warehouse as cool as that would be.
Also, I love old test equipment, so I would like to get this user manual, clean the old thing up, and see if it functions or to what degree it functions so that if nothing else I can turn it over to someone needing such a unit that would feel better knowing that it has been checked out to at least some degree. That's a little better than grabbing something from Praybay that came from an estate auction and may well be a plugged and fried unit that the seller says is untested; or the other biggie, "for parts or restoration." The later statement could be applied to almost anything!

On the flip side, if it seems I can use it for something, it will just stay in my collection. But my little and to some laughable Heathkit SG-8 does everything that thus far I have needed for radio repair. Anyway, I found .pdfs on a schematic and one that seems to be on calibrating the unit. I didn't see a plain old user manual. It would be great if someone had that on file and would share it with me.

Thanks all!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RCAWR99ASIGNAL.jpg (70.7 KB, 30 views)