View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 01:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olorin67 View Post
Common issues with tripping are from bent trip links, or oil on the friction surface. There is a portion of the trip mechanism where one part moves another from friction as a sort of slip clutch. If that gets oil on it, the trip wont work when its supposed to.

If you encounter slippage and the idler tire is good, its usually from parts not moving freely due to old hard grease, or bad motor mounts that allow the motor to sag out of the correct position.
I know on my 1967 Zenith Console when I got it the motor was completely removed from its mounting bracket because someone apparently was trying to work on it themselves and forgot to remount the motor (I had found all of the mounting screws and nuts inside the cabinet yet along with the 10" trigger button) so I had remounted the motor and the record player spins now and in perfect speed synch but the changer part is the only part that doesn't work and I have still not been able to get it going even with a complete overhaul or rebending the trip lever, and it still doesn't like to trigger with the reject knob being activated, which I'm still not sure as to why that would be the case as the linkage for the reject knob is still intact and everything.