View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 05:11 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by user181 View Post
I think the request was for anyone to share any real-world, hands-on experience that they have with specific products. That would be the most helpful information, which you don't always get from browsing online.
Exactly! Me (and Ed in TX too apparently) already own enough objects that qualify as uneconomical paperweights...I could throw money at the problem, but I rather ask the experienced technical minds (who have similar applications to mine) here on VK than try and find Amazon reviews by folks that seem to know what they are talking about or just take a stab at one of the many products that usually have at best a poor description of which of the many methods they employ and exact specs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
I picked up a HDMI convertor at my favorite charity thrift. It just has the composite out and audio out jacks. Is it considered composite out with the red, green and blue jacks? Those are the only ones on this unit and my TV.
There is no name on it or where it came from.
Yellow is composite video. The RGB video jack set is component (which sounds confusingly close to composite).

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4