View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 05:22 PM
M is for Memory

That cat don't look too bad...A little more and it would fall off on it's own. Come summer put it face up in a 5 gal bucket or trash can, remove the tape around the edge, with a VERY thin screwdriver gouge out several 1" radius chunks of the glue (don't pry on the glass), then take halves of wooden clothes pins and wedge them in to the radiuses you removed, place it in the sun with a black garbage bag over it's face. Every 15-30 min tap the wedges in a bit. Gradually the safety glass will come off...The biggest enemy is impatience I've ruined 2/3 of the safety glass I've done this on by applying too much force too fast.

When your done peel and fingernail scratch all the old glue off, clean bulk residue with goofoff, then get streak free with glass cleaner. You can reattach the safety glass by at 4 even spaces along the edge placing 1/8"-1/4" thich foam double stick tape strips as gap spacers. then caulk the edge. Make sure it is ABSOLUTELY spotless before setting the glass on (any dust, spot or lint will be a pain to go back and get). And make sure the spacers and caulk are at least 1/4" outside the edge of the phosphor viewing surface...(otherwise, when the CRT is in the set you'll see it and be sad).

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4