View Single Post
Old 10-02-2023, 07:41 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hello and thank you all my friends!
I got the capacitor for horizontal deflection. Image got little bit wider then with original capacitor and its not heating up like the electrolytic ones. Pincushion is still there but its much more tolerable now with proper overscan:

I tryed using gluable little magnets to it but i didnt get it any better. Maybe i try that in later episodes.. It is now having some interfierence lines on the picture after turning the tv on. They are usually black and may have some rainbow color parts too... They go away after some time or if i turn brightness and contrast down a little. They like appearing on bright light screens. I noticed this first time when i was messing with the capacitors, i dont know if they where there before me or not. I used to have it low on brightness becouse the black looks so gray, now after recapping and adjusting it i can have black look better in brighter settings. Do you guys think this is dangerous or bad for my tv? I havent build the degaussing tool yet..
Edit: interfierence looks like went gone when i reassembled the plastics. Maybe something was too close for wrong wire who knows time will tell...

I have spend so much time with this little tv now that my wife says i can sleep on the couch with convergence and geometry if i dont come back to real life now so i think i will have a little break with the project for now

Its cool how it is so close with the footprint of famicom. Now i can take it with me and my AV and USB modded famicom and we can all play outside (or next to a car at least) to the sunset

Last edited by Pjaska; 10-02-2023 at 08:55 AM.