View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 05:30 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
If I understand Adam's comments correctly there are at least two electronically actuated elements that must function for the tuner etc to move: the motor shaft which extends to mesh with a gear train + spins, and a solenoid with a gear on the end which extends to mesh some gears to connect the motor gear train with the tuner chain system.
This set up looks a little different then the one I have on the CTC-9 but that's the basic idea.

I found a schematic I had that shows all the remote stuff including the wired in controls. It looks like I was wrong when I assumed that the built-in controls would connect to the remote chassis and activate the same circuits the remote does. It looks like it's wired directly in to the motor and the solenoids and would work even if the remote chassis were disconnected.

So the only electronic problems it could likely be would be a loose socket where that control panel plugs in, or a bad motor. But it's probably just clogged up with old grease.

Those controls on the side of the remote chassis look like what they do is basically adjust how strong the signal from the remote has to be to activate the relay. If anyone wants a bigger copy of the schematic I posted, I can email it. It comes from the "RCA color tv receivers field service guide 1955-1966".

Last edited by Adam; 06-04-2016 at 12:06 AM.
Audiokarma