View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 09:16 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaFreak View Post
I'd imagine the copper in a four-foot-long stranded power cable is worth such a trivial amount of money (as is the yoke!) that people wouldn't bother...this whole scrapping thing really has gotten way out of hand IMO. I can remember five years ago it didn't exist at all. Now we have trucks and vans driving down our street at all hours of Monday and Thursday nights. I'm very lucky if I get to save anything now. FWIW I'd rather these things fixed up and sold or given to people that can use them, instead of being completely destroyed for at most a couple dollars. >_<
Yup, as soon as I saw an older clothes dryer that I thought to be worth saving, I started dragging it. I wouldn't leave it long enough to go home for my dolly, which was fairly nearby. I knew from experience that a scrapper would have it before I got back. I was going to hide it and then get my dolly, but then I was offered help. The rear feet were destroyed from grinding on the concrete, but they're just specialized bolts, gone now.

Hey, it was free.