View Single Post
Old 03-30-2016, 08:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rca2000 View Post
I do not think anyone is saying a "DLP can never be saved"...HOWEVER...they ALL seem to have a "long term" issue of the DLP chip "growing "spots".. on them. That--and color wheels and lamps.. A CW is often NOT cheap...IF available.. and DLP chips are NOT cheap.

\MAYBE...you could get that set to run...with just a bulb..and maybe NOT. it SUCKS....to waste money o a bulb just to find out you have a bad CW or DLP chip..

If it is not seeming to power on at ALL..it is likely a lamp issue or fan issue. Does the lamp even TRY and fire? Can you hear the "ticking sound" near it--of the start sequence?
When I plug it in the fans do power on and the bulb does attempt to fire twice but then after about a minute or so the unit completely shuts down including the fans and the power/standby light flashes a blue color, it flashes a few times slowly and then a couple of times really fast, and that flashing pattern is all the standby/power light does in the front the entire time the TV is plugged in, also when the TV is plugged in it does make a "click" noise just before the fans power on and the light tries to fire, and when the TV finally shuts down it makes another "click" noise and then shuts everything including the fans off. is that what it does when the bulb is bad? or is that what it does when the chip or color wheel is bad? I used to have a couple of older DLP LCD Projectors but I had sold them already, had I known I possibly could of used parts from those because they were still good yet, they just didn't have a bulb for either of them because they both burned out.