View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 06:34 PM
Breaking records is good?

Just drop me a line one of these days we can figure something out.

This was just a whim of a purchase. I've been messing around with plasma TV repair because I find the technology fascinating. Got a Maxent sitting here waiting for a Y-Sustain board, so I figured this would be a project to work on while I waited for the part.

I figured this one would have involved actually needing real repair, but it turns out it is usable as is, I can do without the VGA side working properly until someone parts one out. I highly doubt there is much demand for parts for a TV of this era. Someone will eventually part one out, I still see these being used in professional applications from time to time, they'll eventually be decommisioned I'd guess. I'm just going to use the DVI side with an HDMI converter for the time being.

I'm not sure about the glare filter. I suppose it could be removed, peeled off or something. Right now it is still out of the field fo view but I don't know what damaged it. It looked like it peeled from behind the protective layer. I'll leave it for now, unless it gets worse.

Last edited by yrly; 01-09-2012 at 06:49 PM.