View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 03:32 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShanMan View Post
So cool! Thanks for posting those pics. Yours sure looks nice. You've done a nice restoration of it.

I wonder if they produced these with both options for the legs? The base of mine and yours look the same other than the legs, but I also wonder if the legs might've been replaced at some point after seeing yours. To me it seems like your legs fit the look of the TV a bit better than mine do. Do you know anything about the originality of yours (or mine)? Have you come across any other pics of this model TV? What's funny to me (and this may be my own ignorance since I'm new to this world) is that the photofact doesn't include this model in its list of models, so not even the photofact provides a picture of it.

I may take you up on your offer to check the tubes (that is very kind, thank you), although if I happen to come across a good deal for a good tester I might want to do that. I haven't started looking yet though so I don't even know what these go for yet.

Finding the time to get started on this has been tough. I thought I might get to it this weekend but I might not be able to after all. I can't wait to start watching some old shows on it though!
Mine came from the original owner who's parents had passed away and he inherited the house and every thing in it. I was amazed that everything on it still worked but I still recapped it and checked all the tubes.I don't know about the legs on yous I have not seen any other pictures of these models but I would imagine your legs are original but not sure. Mine has a badge in with the record player that says it was a anniversary model celebrating 30 years 1926 to 1956. does yous have that badge on it as well? Seems like it would be. It looks like yours might be missing the safety glass on the front or did you take it off? You can always cut a piece of glass for it.