View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 04:50 PM
VideoKarma Member

I just went and ordered a one of those cartridges. If the postman doesn't deliver it to the wrong place and lose it (like happened with some capacitors I ordered last week), I could be listening to records on this next week.

I still have to do more cleaning and lubricating, I just did enough before to get it so it would play manually. Not that I ever put a stack of records on and actually use the changers, but it's nice to have it all working like it should. And I just got in my crossover caps. I suppose after I swap those caps and finish with the changer I can put it all back together screw the chassis down and put the back on even if I don't have the cartridge yet.

The horns don't say Zenith while the other speakers do, and I did have a Magnavox with horns. It was a 1965 color roundie combo with a solid state stereo. The stereo sounded great, and it had a nice cabinet, but the fly was bad and the 21FJP had a green gun with an open filament. I wound up junking it, I think I sold the horns...

Last edited by Adam; 07-29-2016 at 05:46 PM.