View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 06:04 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
You got a good generator. I had one about 7 years ago that I managed to damage (was doing some tube RF experiments and messed up) and later sold it. Those are useful for audio and you can get interesting video patterns feeding them into a tube set past the detector. You could use it with a scope and counter...Heck if you build or find an outboard AM or FM modulator you could use it as a test generator for radio work*.

*You can without it by tuning for minimum noise (generator carrier swamping ambient noise), but a modulator with tone is more fun to use.
Sweet, it's well worth fixing up then. I really need to open it and secure that meter, I'm concerned about it shorting something.

So I would need a tube set to create the video patterns? I wish I could find a later model tube colour to mix things up a little.

What would you recommend for a counter? Good to know my HP is good for radio work as well, could be handy for whenever I'm able to resume work on that Pye. I'd prefer to resurrect ready-made AM and FM modulators but if I need to build them so be it.