View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Slave to 1 Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiotvnut View Post
Some people around here have got it in their head that their current TV will be worthless next year. The main reasons behind this thinking is a lack of understanding & sales people telling people a bunch of garbage in order to push a new HDTV off on them. I tell these people that they will only be effected if they use an antenna for reception. Many of these people are not aware of the converter boxes that are available and/or the converter box coupon program, even though PSA's are run all day and night on all TV stations. If you are on cable, the worse that will happen is that you'll have to rent a cable box if the cable company drops analog. That may present a problem over here, since I have seven TV's connected to cable. Paying rent on seven digital cable boxes might get expensive. I've heard that Comcast is going 100% digital sometime in 2008; but, it has not happened in my area yet.
I'm curious what Comcast is going to do since we have them. Mom and I were discussing that and if they get too high, we just get all the basic analogue channels, we might even dump cable and go over the air, especially with us getting Retro Television Network and so on. Comcast did say, "we got you covered" se we shall see.
Audiokarma