Thread: CB Bleedover
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2016, 09:00 PM
Zenith Walton My 1st TV

My A99 has been out in the sun and elements since 1994 so it's pretty ragged. I've watched birds picking the fiberglass strands off of it to use for their nest building!

Might start with about 6-10 turns about 6" dia air core, just below the ant coax connector, form the coil around something like PVC pipe, try that.

Might try unplugging that stereo from the wall to see if that changes anything. If so maybe add some ferrite cores to the speaker leads right where they hook the amp-receiver. Check that they aren't some resonant length at or near 27 mHz wavelength that might be inducing RF into the stereo. 8 1/2 ft, (103 inches) is 1/4 wave, twice that, 17 ft, is 1/2 wave etc. You need to avoid resonant wire lengths.

I was getting into my next-door neighbor's sub-woofer, like wide-open hum and noise coming in blasts from my SSB transmissions. Worked on that a while. Finally, took an old ferrite core I had saved from from a flyback transformer, wound the audio coax from his AVR to the sub-woofer through it several turns, and that killed the RF getting into it completely. Took all day to figure that one out. Good luck!
Audiokarma