View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 02:57 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
There's little point in doing the scope work till you have the correct adjustment tool. Another good reason to not use a metal adjustment tool is that the magnetic properties of the adjustment tool have the same effect as the magnetic properties of the slug.... simply inserting a metal tool or removing it has the same effect.on the circuit as turning the slug some amount...so if you get an adjustment perfect with the metal tool then as soon as you removed the tool the adjustment is thrown off of that perfect setting.

The "height" ie signal amplitude and wave shape of composite video and h osc waveforms are going to be radically different... the goal is to compare the synch frequency (width between pulses) and h osc frequency to allow calibration of osc frequency to a known reference.
So something ive been meaning to ask as Im having difficulty finding the answer in the sams. What would be the "normal" operating condition position for all the switchs? I had the yoke pulled back before it went on the bench and the red/blue/ green looked great as is with minimal smearing. I had a red blob centered. I know the norm/service/raster switch should be in normal but what about the color guns and all these other controls? Where should they be so i can get something on the screen?