View Single Post
Old 02-11-2003, 03:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by drh4683
Rob,

Your zenith is great! These are my favorites! The remote I had was one I had sitting around in my remote collection. I have no idea if there were different versions of the 400 remote, as I know there were different versions of the 300. Can you take photos of your differnet 400 remotes? I might be able to match one to my cabinet and hopefully find the correct one on ebay (If mine is incorrect) Mine has the four buttons and says "space command 400", where as the tv says "space command four hundered". I have found out that the tv and remote should match in the way the wording is arranged.
Thanks!
drh,

Thanx for the complement. Here is a picture of the two remotes I got with this set. Both are called Space Command 400. One contains no indications that it is for color, the other does. otherwise both are the same. None of the functions are for color adjustment. I have a much newer looking Zenith ultrasonic remote that is functionally identical to these as well. The chimes inside look the same too so it is probably function compatible. I'll haver to take a photo and post it here.

SteveK,

Thanx for the year info. I am pleased if mine is a '64 model. I don't know if I'll go to the trouble of restoring this set, although I could with the better chassis and aluminum CRT bezel from my other unit. It will need some finish touch-up as well. The CRT in this Zenith measures good and the back is in good shape.

Rob