View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 12:30 PM
VideoKarma Member

The longer this goes on, no ability to have a CRT rebuilt, the more potential rebuild candidates will end up in the trash instead.

I would need to acquire a vacuum setup with the ability to measure the vacuum to try out things like low temperature bakeout. I have only a junky HVAC pump, and that of course is not enough for this kind of work. I don't know if any of the mom and pop type rebuilding equipment came with high vacuum gauges. So much of the information I find about procedures looks rather empirical to me; it just says pull a vacuum for so much time, then activate the cathode according to a time schedule. It would be better to measure the vacuum and determine when to do things according to that rather than an empirical guess based on time.

Also, I would like to see if gun rebuilding can first be done on a monochrome tube, which should be easier and serve as a proof of concept. IMO too much time and effort was spent on 15GP22 tubes, these should be left for last after getting proficient with monochrome tubes first, then the all glass color tubes.