Thread: AMC Eagle
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 05:06 PM
VideoKarma Member

Dug through the parts bin and pulled out the screws, original hoses and check valve for the VsV and reinstalled everything back up to the Sol-Vac solenoid. Ran a vacuum check to see if the CeC was properly actuating the solenoid and then plugged the hose until the sol-vac is replaced.

So that now leaves one last plugged vacuum line (which you can see above I taped shut because the rubber plug has cracked and was leaking) which I can only assume is for the cruise control. I went back into the bin again and was unable to locate the vacuum reservoir. I can only assume it was misplaced but at least replacements are easy to source. I did however find a length of vacuum line that was about two feet long and while it's not the original T-shaped bracket the cruise control kits came with there was a similar looking L-shaped metal bracket but it did not fit where we saw the one above pictured and the hose was not long enough to reach that side of the car. It had to of been located somewhere near the throttle linkage as Madman suggested. I had to step back and look at what I HAD and what I was MISSING.
Looking directly above the linkage is the firewall with a mouse chewed bulkhead seal. Next to it is a ground point....and another unsealed hole through the firewall.....Hmmmmm...

Aha! The bracket mounted here as an aftermarket/dealer installation! The other screw was in the parts bin.

Okay, so now the actuator is reinstalled where it should be, the linkage is where it should be (but needs to be replaced) and the vacuum hose routes to where a vacuum reservoir would of normally been, which is right next to the plugged vacuum line. So now we have all the vacuum lines and mysterious cabling figured out.

Last edited by MIPS; 10-27-2018 at 05:19 PM.