View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 08:15 PM
VideoKarma Member

Location: Valley of the Sun, formerly Silicon Valley, formerly Packer Land.
Seeing my grand parents and my parents with so little in the way of modern conveniences and yet they were happy and enjoyed each other's company and with friends. They did not need cell phones, modern conveniences, etc. that we take for granted to be happy. I guess it is all relative generational wise.

I was one of those who read the old magazines, hang on the wall TV, 3D TV, Dick Tracy TV watch, etc. and I dreamed of such things. Now it is all a realty.

The computer and the internet makes everything super easy and fast. Instant gratification. The picture phone shown at the 1960 world fair is a reality through the internet. Back in the day information was in books and magazines. If you wanted to review and see the best color televisions, you had to get in a car and travel all over town to the dealers to see the sets.

As I get older, now 68, family members and friends are dying off. When I attend their funerals, the young kids don't know how to interact. They get bored and bury their heads in their cell phones. Some of them can't even construct a sentence or spell from all the texting. Pretty sad.