View Single Post
Old 08-27-2002, 10:08 AM
On Land

Eric H

Yeah, I would have done the same as you... keep the better cabinet of the two, and get the guts out of the other. It takes a big house with many rooms to keep more than one of those. They are nice looking pieces if you have a spot for it somewhere.

The model numbers on the TV and stereo chassis are stamped on in ink. If I remember right, the model of my stereo is 29C. You must have a slightly different model if your stereo doesn't have the "creepy eye". Too bad, because it would display really cool on the front of your system. I kinda wish mine was on the front like yours instead of the top. Then I could stack more stuff on the cabinet without having worry about getting to the slide doors on top! My cabinet looks more "old fashioned" and yours looks more "modern" for the early 60's

Yes, the octal socket on the back of the stereo is for the MPX adapter. Also, there will be 3 rca connections. If yours still have the labels on them, one should say MPX out and the other two should be MPX in. Yours would probably use the same adapter as mine as I assume that they probably had one adapter that covered several different stereo models. My uncle told me this was a pretty pricey system when he bought it. You would think that the MPX would have come with it instead of being an "optional accessory".

Another set of RCA's back there are for the tape input, which should be the 2nd position on your front selector switch. I plug my cd player in there and it sounds great.

He who dies with the most toys still dies.