View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 08:46 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterbeers View Post
I would assume that the 200v supply is running too high, causing the monitor to shut down. One problem I have run into in the past is that there may be a B+ adjustment on the PC board, (usually a very small trimmer pot) also glued into place and position by this nasty glue stuff. The idea of gluing it was to keep anyone from tampering with it, thus causing the B+ to run to high. Most times the only fix is to replace the pot, and adjusting it to the proper voltage.
I believe the only trimmer that was covered like this was for the HV adjustment which I guess could actually be an adjustment for the B+ if I understand B+ correctly. Per the service manual when testing power issues I am supposed to turn the 3K pot fully counter clockwise then measure HV and adjust from there. Well of course in the process of pulling the cap and goo off the pot it ripped off the board. I bought and installed a new one but it doesnt seem to be making a difference. I may not have actually measured B+ though while adjusting the trimmer. Either way no matter where that trimmer is it still wont produce constant HV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeno View Post
Measure total amps at AC input. Reason to unplug the DGS is when
you turn on it will draw a LOT of current for a second & it will go
into HVSD before it drops.
I will be doing this tonight and will report back. Sorry I have been distracted by some reel to reel goodness