View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 12:53 PM
VideoKarma Member

AM stations and reverb... crikey.
I recorded a voiceover session 25 years ago with an announcer from the local old-school AM radio station. He was the talent, with no real input to the production other than to read the script he was given, in the way the producer told him to. (I believe the technical term was meat puppet. ) Anyway, he went on and on about how the spot should be recorded with reverb, because it 'lends credibility' to the content. As in, make the recording with reverb on the track, and pretty darn loud, so we couldn't take it off or adjust it in the mix. Which is, of course, nuts. The producer and I shared that opinion with him. In that session, we learned other reasons why he didn't get out much, and nobody used him: he couldn't pronounce certain words. The script contained the word 'profitability', which he continually pronounced 'profability'. And he would swear he was saying it correctly. Tape didn't lie, however. Maybe the reverb at the station covered up his poor diction.

Sorry for the wayback machine, there.

It seems like the reverb unit would have a big following in the old-school guitar amp crowd. Is it a spring unit inside?

Chip