View Single Post
Old 09-03-2023, 12:09 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamamaya42 View Post
I wish they would have labeled accurately, as it really has little or nothing to do with the color, the switch on mine was doing nothing, until i cleaned it aggressively a 2nd time, NOW it does something, the annoying change in picture quality when you push in the FT knob is gone, which is what I wanted.

A picture of this smearing color you have would be helpful.
As mentioned with mine, there is a slight color shadow to the right of things, that is not affected by fine tuning that I suspect has to do with the chroma bandpass filter being slightly out of tune.
My T931 has a minor shadow like your T933, but my T933 has very bad color smearing. Fine tuning can make it a bit better, but not as good as my T931. I can also fine tune to the color smearing being very bad. I will post pictures later today. I have a B&K 415, but have not learned how to use it. So worse case, I will do a full RF, IF, and chroma IF alignment.

The other issue I have is with pincushion correction at the top of the picture, which sags down in the middle. I tubed L49 as the Sams says and it helped a bit. I am going to try tuning L48 next, even though the Sams doesn’t state that it should be adjusted. It is behind the flyback cage, so Magnavox made it hard to adjust without pulling the chassis out.
Audiokarma