View Single Post
Old 10-30-2023, 06:04 PM
VideoKarma Member

After aligning IF and RF, the color is much sharper and there is no more smearing/ bleeding of colors. However, the hue (tint) is wrong now (approximately 90 degrees out of phase), and just as before, the tint control has little effect: maybe 5 degrees phase shift up or down.

I have two hypotheses: first is that the tint control is not shifting the phase of the color oscillator the full range of plus/minus 30 degrees. I will oscope the oscillator to test that hypothesis. The second hypothesis is that the IF and/or chroma bandpass alignment is what is causing the tint control to not work. Remember, before I did this alignment, the tint control didn’t change the hue. But the alignment was very bad before too.

If the alignment is not symmetric on both 0.5mhz side bands of the 3.58mhz chroma signal carrier, then during demodulation, the average of the side bands is what becomes the Pb and Pr signals. I think that reduces the effectiveness of the tint control’s range. I will test this hypothesis after ruling out tint control not phase shifting the oscillator.

Last edited by LukeSimon; 10-30-2023 at 06:09 PM.
Audiokarma