Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2007, 05:13 PM
AK Member

I live at least 70 miles away from the nearest station I receive if you don't count the local UHF station that's fed off a crappy microwave connection from another station that's nearly 100 miles away. With my rather large Channel Master VHF only antenna with a mast mounted amplifier I receive 2 stations Channel 8 and Channel 12 crystal clear, above the VHF antenna is a UHF antenna that's yagi about 5 ft long with a corner reflector and also goes through a mast mounted amplifier, I use RG-6 coax. These antennas are on top of a 40 ft mast and I live on a hill on fairly high terrain for this area. My UHF reception from stations in the same locations as the VHF stations is very marginal.

I went out on some of the websites mentioned in the thread and followed some links where I found a few signal contour maps. Somewhere I've read that I'll need to be in an area where I'll be able to receive at least a -60 db signal strength to receive digital TV. This area shows that the digital UHF stations that are associated with my present VHF stations are putting about -125 db in this area, me thinks over the air will go away for me Feb 2009.
Audiokarma