Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:15 AM
VideoKarma Member

Very nice!
Old 06-05-2011, 10:23 AM
VideoKarma Member

excellent!
Old 06-05-2011, 12:25 PM
First Light: 1952-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Folsom View Post
Very nice!
Yep!

As for the conversation we had concerning the coils: I ended up buying ferrite core inductors from Digikey to replace all the old ones, despite your advice to stick with phenolic cores. It seems to work pretty well though, so I don't think I'm going to mess with it. Reason being is coils that are close to original in design with correct core material ect are hard to find, and I didn't feel much like going through 3 different companies to get them all.

Good thing is I bought 2 complete sets of inductors for this chassis in case something went wrong, so if anyone needs a bag of inductors to do a complete replacement job I have them. They are all marked for where they go on the chassis, to make the task a little easier. If you guys would like, I can post up the Digikey parts numbers and quantities so you can order for yourselves. Meantime, I'm going to post the set of coils I have in the classifieds. Hopefully someone needs them.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:43 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniman82 View Post
Yep!

As for the conversation we had concerning the coils: I ended up buying ferrite core inductors from Digikey to replace all the old ones, despite your advice to stick with phenolic cores. It seems to work pretty well though, so I don't think I'm going to mess with it. Reason being is coils that are close to original in design with correct core material ect are hard to find, and I didn't feel much like going through 3 different companies to get them all.

Good thing is I bought 2 complete sets of inductors for this chassis in case something went wrong, so if anyone needs a bag of inductors to do a complete replacement job I have them. They are all marked for where they go on the chassis, to make the task a little easier. If you guys would like, I can post up the Digikey parts numbers and quantities so you can order for yourselves. Meantime, I'm going to post the set of coils I have in the classifieds. Hopefully someone needs them.
I'm about to make a big cap order which will include parts for my 21CT55. I'd really like those part numbers so I can put the peaking coils on order too (without going to the work of specking coils out myself).

I'm also trying to find info on what to use for series resistors to compensate for the lower resistance of the silicone I plan to replace the selenium rectifiers with.

Edit: found the info here: http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...22&postcount=9

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Last edited by Electronic M; 10-19-2017 at 12:31 PM.