Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage Home Gaming

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-22-2012, 05:12 PM
VideoKarma Member

I am definitely all for retro games.. They were games.. These days it's just more like some foolish simulation, than a game.

Just got a Super Game Boy too now for my SNES, and it's funny, being able to play my Game Boy Zelda game, on my TV.. So weird doing this.

I even have a Super Famicom controller, which while mostly the same as the american version, but has those colored buttons.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:02 AM
VideoKarma Member

What you want is called Stella, it will run the ROM's. We had about 200 at work one time.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:20 PM
blast, blast...

In your YouTube video at about the 6:45 minute mark you note a bar in the video that runs from top to bottom in the center of the screen.

As I have been researching how-to videos involving repair of my SNES I've been all over YouTube for advice. I ran across a guy that improved (increased) the power supply filtering which either reduced, or eliminated the noise bar (assuming yours is for the same reason).

I had a set that wouldn't boot a game so the noise bar wasn't my problem- I didn't watch the whole video. Nor, could I tell you how to find it. But, it might be of help to you if you wanted to go searching for it.

Hope that helps you.

Brian
Old 08-11-2015, 08:23 PM
Analogue is Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnx64
I am definitely all for retro games.. They were games.. These days it's just more like some foolish simulation, than a game.
Indeed... Nothing but crap is made now!!
Old 08-11-2015, 10:07 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnx64 View Post
Yes, and highly addictive for many.

I never had a SNES and have limited experience with them. Considering what has been said about the graphics, I'll have to do some research on them.
Audiokarma
Old 08-15-2015, 06:49 AM
VideoKarma Member

Game collecting is the other side of my tv/vcr collecting habit. I play a little but nothing like how i used to play back around 98,2000. I collect more than i play. Just picked up a SNES at a yard sale a few days ago for $15. Heck, the original power supply is worth nearly that. I was always a Genesis/Sega CD man, but those old SNES machines put out some nice graphics and stereo sound. Super Mario World is addicting. I'll never forget my first machine and game though. Couldnt sleep at night thinking about it and next day, i couldn't wait to get my hands on it. Atari 5200 and Pac-Man