Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2016, 06:54 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
I don't recall where the Interlock switch is mounted either, but I assume it's in the location on the diagram. I'll have to get a light in there to find the mounting holes.
The interlock opens when the screen is down and closes when the screen is in the viewing position. It does not touch the set back.

It just dawned on me that you did not use a factory schematic to rebuild your set.
There is one ground connector that the Sam's schematic forgot to include!

Connect both ends of the shield on the CRT anode lead to ground. This shield is your HV return!

Do just prior to final install in the cabinet:
Place the Sweep Chassis and Optical Barrel on the floor behind the TV cabinet and connect the HV leads (center wire and shield) on both ends. Then check for zero resistance between the Sweep chassis and the Optical Barrel (puncture the barrel paint to do this.)

After installing the two units in the cabinet and before plugging the two other connectors into the barrel, repeat this test.

Failure to do this can give you a very nasty bite if there is a bad connection here.

James

Last edited by earlyfilm; 05-10-2016 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Left out word "barrel"