Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2013, 06:09 PM
Administrator

RCA 8PCS41 from CL update

Well if I wasn't crazy already this should push me over the edge.

I found this locally while browsing Craigslist last night, it was obviously rough but I wasn't quite expecting this. I took my CRT tester with me because there was no way I was bringing this home if the CRT was bad, it turned out to be a GE replacement, it started off in the high red zone but after 10 seconds at 8 volts it shot up to high green and stayed there at 6.3 so I figure it has some life left in it, what the screen and mirror looks like is anyone's guess but I expect some screen burn, that won't hurt anything though.

The main chassis is amazingly clean and rust free, it's well protected inside the cabinet, the only somewhat rusty dirty chassis is the main power supply, this was a Mouse House for quite some time and it got peed on.
The inside of the HV cage was stuffed full of grass, obviously their home but it looks rust free for the most part an nothing looks chewed on so I think it'll be OK too.

The cabinet...well it's a horrible mess, the good points are that nothing seems warped, it's complete except for the back, and the doors all open and close as they should and the panels look flat, the bad is that there's a lot of loose joints and bad Veneer, the front can probably be saved but everything else needs redone including some of the substrate material. The screen looks okay and it lifts and closes fairly smoothly.