Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:50 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon A. View Post
I saw Shango's set, pretty neat design I thought. It reminded me of early microcomputers that use the S-100 bus.
On a related thought, Philco was doing a lot of research in computers in the mid 50's. They even owned their own semi-conductor plant. I have a few early Philco radios that used their own transistors. The first all-transistor car radio was made by Philco for the 1957 Chrysler 300 cars.
The first GE AM-FM portable radio used some Philco Transistors. They were a little larger and had a neat appearance.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:58 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
On a related thought, Philco was doing a lot of research in computers in the mid 50's. They even owned their own semi-conductor plant. I have a few early Philco radios that used their own transistors. The first all-transistor car radio was made by Philco for the 1957 Chrysler 300 cars.
The first GE AM-FM portable radio used some Philco Transistors. They were a little larger and had a neat appearance.
Also the first production car I know of with quad rounds. Leave it to Ma Mopar to set standards for most others. I believe Chrysler vehicles were the first to feature lift-up door handles as well.

I must look up that GE radio, I'm always game for checking out unusual designs.