Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2008, 04:16 PM
AK Member

Westinghouse TV Fixed!

I was driving around with my girlfriend when I spotted a 19 inch (i'd say) westinghouse B&W tube tv. With my favorite word on it "Free".
So I took it in a heartbeat and took it home. Upon inspection everything seemed Ok (nothing was leaking blown up or covered in strange resin). Today I tested all the tubes except the half wave rectifier tube. They were all in the green except 2. One sorta jumped around the other was just a little weak(These were small tubes) I also didnt check the two tunning tubes as they were in the back and I was unsure of when it was last plugged in. (The tv has a total of 20 tubes including the picture tube.)

After this I had to at least try it out

I decided to plug it in. And i'm pretty sure all the tubes were glowing including the projection tube(Scary damn thing xxxradiationxxx) But after about 20 seconds nothing. No sound, no picture I flipped through the channels and nothing. I was dissapointed, but I knew it wouldn't work when I found it.

So any one have any suggestions for me. Little things to check. In an attempt to track down the problem. I don't wanna spend any money on this tv. Its big sorta ugly and a B&W radiation machine. But if i could see it turn on once that would be cool.

Or should I just screw it, and rip it all apart take all the chokes and audio transformers. And anything else you think would be useful?

It has a 21alp4a Picture tube. If that helps anyone on getting an idea of the size and type of tv. It also has 13 channels if that helps put a date on it.

Thanx. and if anyone wants to see a picture just ask I'll do it No worries. Ask any questions you want.