Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:57 PM
VideoKarma Member

Jvc Sr-v10u Vhs

A note on old color using a modern VHS for archiving. This may belong in the rectangular forum, but I am posting here as the source was old color. Mods may move it if they see fit.

I happened to decomission a few of these JVC VHS decks from work lately and took one home for a few VHS to DVD transfers. What an amazing unit. It's claim to fame is a digital TBC which can be switched on and off on the front panel. It powers up with the TBC on.

It's digital processing is spectacular with fixing noise and hooking. I ran my March, 1989 off-air copy from KYW here in Philadelphia of Peter Pan to DVD and it is a treat to see...NBC Peacock intro and all.

If you need a good VHS and get a chance, get this unit and forget all the others.

The photos are a sample of what it does on my Chromacolor III. The pix are a bit contrasty and full of moire. But look at the noise reduction in the dark blue sky through the window and the improvement of the costume colors.

I wish I had this when I did my massive VHS>DVD transfers last year. Pix were shot using a Panasonic camcorder in photo mode. Much slower shutter speed.

Dave A
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGA0414.JPG (37.4 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMGA0413.JPG (37.8 KB, 41 views)
Old 04-04-2008, 10:08 PM
AK Member

I wish someone was decomissioning some Sony Beta HiFi decks. I have about 150 or more Beta HiFi tapes waiting to be converted to DVD.