Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:10 AM
VideoKarma Member

Back cover needed for 56 philco table model

This set is a 21" and the model # is either 4136 or 4138 according to a sales brochure that I looked at. As I no longer have the cover (lost back in 1986), I don't have a specific model # to go by. Heck, working without a cover for all these years may be at least one reason that it has never needed restoration, but it has been such a good one I would like to see it complete again.

Thanks
Old 06-27-2012, 10:44 PM
VideoKarma Member

I really wish we weren't so far apart as I still have a pretty much identical set that I'd gladly give you. I just hate to part it out. If it ever happens that I just have to junk it, I'll be sure and save that back.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:48 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgadow View Post
I really wish we weren't so far apart as I still have a pretty much identical set that I'd gladly give you. I just hate to part it out. If it ever happens that I just have to junk it, I'll be sure and save that back.
Hi Bryan, it's been a while! Hope everything is going well for you. Yeah, I would hate to see a decent example of what to me is one of the best products that I have ever owned or seen. These models are certainly as "plain Jane" as they come I guess, but the performance is astounding. Maybe I just got lucky and make a bigger deal out of these Philcos then they actually deserve. I have forgotten whether or not yours is in working order. If it is not, I bet it wouldn't take much to get it going. The serviceability factor is another thing I love! I can have the chassis out of mine in less than 5 minutes if needed (usually for a dusting).

On a second note, it seems to me that once you told me that you are/were and electronics tech back when I was trying to get my degree. Since then I finished with flying colors (4.0 GPA). Of course, since getting that magic paper in my hand and on my resume (and going to work), it didn't take long to realize that being a controls tech, or working in plant maintenance, is not all that it's cracked up to be, but it's better than where I was at before and who knows what the future holds. It sure would have been good to be in electronics about 60 years ago! That would be a TON more exciting than troubleshooting industrial systems!
Old 09-21-2012, 10:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

Still need this part. I sure wish I had never thought of better ventilation for tube type sets back when I was a kid!