Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Transistor Portable Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-29-2020, 08:32 PM
VideoKarma Member

Panasonic TR-535 pop up 5 inch TV/AM/FM radio

Hi all .Its been a while since I was on here..Glad to be back since I got more time on my hands do to the stay home issues..

I have a Panasonic TR-535 pop up 5 inch TV/AM/FM radio here that i had for years and now I like to get it up and running..

Since I'm having issues with the power supply and recap it but still having issues with it..

I like to put out a request for a schematic or a full service manual PDF of set please if you guys dont mind.. ..

Thanks in advance and your time ...

Note to mods .You can merge this new thread with any thread related to this set to tidy up the forum...No since having dup threads here on the same thing....
Old 06-06-2020, 06:23 PM
VideoKarma Member

I should have the Sams on it. Give me a few days.
They are fun to work on & very well built. Watch out for the regulator transistor
usually called APF in pannys. If they short the set will work but have hum bars
like a bad cap.

If I dont get back to you give me a kick ! Getting a bit forgetful......

73 Zeno
LFOD !
Old 06-07-2020, 08:07 PM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks Zeno for your help...Its just sitting here now while I work on a 1974 9 inch Motorola set with a vert problem. Thats an whole other topic...
Old 06-12-2020, 04:27 PM
VideoKarma Member

Update on the pop up set..As I was going through the set the other day I happen to find a broken AM/FM/TV switch .So I had to rebuilt the switch and the set is working fine.......

It was a nightmare taking the AM/FM PC board out of its framework but it was worth the time that the TV shop where I got this set did not bother with it..No money in repairing these small sets at a shop those days as we know..

Thanks Zeno for the offer..I'll keep you in my mind for manuals..

Last edited by centralradio; 06-12-2020 at 04:32 PM.
Old 06-12-2020, 06:51 PM
VideoKarma Member

Glad you got it going. When working on older Pannys remember the red screws. They are the ones that let you get at things. A very nice serviceability
touch. Taking out other screws has to be done with care or you can dump
a dial cord etc. Some other brands used arrows.

73 Zeno
LFOD !
Audiokarma
Old 06-12-2020, 09:40 PM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks again for info Zeno..Yes the classic red screws.Yes I did tape the dial cord down before I remove the PC board.Strange dial system in this TV/Radio as it has stationary dial pointer and the station freq numbers move when tuning in stations. .The plastic switch piece was broke in two and I crazy glue it back into one piece.I was lucky it was a clean break as somebody must of whack it with something and broke it..Since it was easy to take the switch apart from the top instead of finding my desoldering equip to unsoldering it altogether..Love the modular plug in boards in Panasonic equip..Lastly I had to make a few adjustments with pop up mechanism .

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeno View Post
Glad you got it going. When working on older Pannys remember the red screws. They are the ones that let you get at things. A very nice serviceability
touch. Taking out other screws has to be done with care or you can dump
a dial cord etc. Some other brands used arrows.

73 Zeno
LFOD !