Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-20-2023, 06:29 PM
VideoKarma Member

Camera observations;
All of the several Newvicon cameras I've randomly accumulated are defective one way or another. Otoh, all of the Hitachi/RCA CCD cams including those from rough storage with mildewed lenses have been otherwise perfectly fully functional.
Old 08-05-2023, 03:56 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Camera observations;
All of the several Newvicon cameras I've randomly accumulated are defective one way or another. Otoh, all of the Hitachi/RCA CCD cams including those from rough storage with mildewed lenses have been otherwise perfectly fully functional.
Yeah tube cameras are a crapshoot. CCD seems to be far more forgiving. I think a lot of them are suffering from bad electolytics considering most are upward of 40 years old. And dirty adjustment pots seems like another possiblity. There's around 30+ adjustment pots in a Newvicon camera, and around the same for color vidicon cameras.

My second Panasonic PV-200D was like that. I got it and the colors were dead on, and then after a while it started bleeding green on anything bright. I dialed it back in and it's been stable with the exception a bit of discoloration on the left edge of the view. I still want to write out a full capacitor list for it and recap the whole camera board.

I lucked out on a Panasonic PK-755 that's close to NOS and it has color that's so nice that you'd swear it's from a much later CCD camera. The only thing I have to replace is the IR cut filter as it was clouded over. It seems to be working nice without it.