Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-03-2018, 02:28 PM
VideoKarma Member

Nevermind I can't math right now. The correct math is 0.4 Watts
Old 06-03-2018, 04:08 PM
VideoKarma Member

That 10 ohm resistor is gonna be seeing a large ripple, not just the DC diff between shorting and un-shorting it. I would use a 5 watt at least. If a 5 watter runs too hot, go to 10.

Last edited by old_coot88; 06-03-2018 at 04:15 PM.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

I found a big white 2.8 ohm in my stash believe it or not and I stuck that in there. its rated for 10W, and its staying cold. B+ after the diode is running around 150V or so.

Now I am trying to figure out how to get a signal into it. Technology has vastly raced beyond what I can feed it. Everything I own is HDMI now, and the only DVD player I had with a Coax out is dead now. So it got scrapped. All new ones come as HDMI only. Ugh.

The satellite box I have just got changed out to a newer genie model with no coax out either. HDMI only. the old box had RF AND RCA out, which I was using in the bedroom as well. But due to some changes in their system they had to swap out the box or I would lose signal eventually. Or at least thats the excuse they gave. I used to have the old silver face model. like a D10 something.

Last edited by mbates14; 06-03-2018 at 06:28 PM.
Old 06-05-2018, 06:48 PM
VideoKarma Member

Wow! I forgot how finicky these things were. Its been too long.

I briefly turned it on a bit ago to check my modulator setup. I didnt get anything on the screen, so I went to adjust the contrast. I heard a pretty strong pop and it collapsed to a horizontal line. So I quickly shut it off.

Inspected everything with a flashlight. I didnt see anything, I didnt smell anything, So I turned it back on and it has a Raster again.

So I still didnt get anything but a little bit of snow so I know there is more work to do, so I shut it all down.

Sheesh talk about something to pee your pants.

Still cant figure out what happened though. I dont see any shorts or loose connections.