Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Transistor Portable Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2020, 06:22 PM
VideoKarma Member

Trying to repair a 4" Horizontal CRT monitor.

I have a project in mind that called for a flat CRT monitor and found just what I was looking for in an old video intercom system (Well, first I bought and modified a Zenith BT-044S before finding out about these intercom systems).

I have it working pretty well, except that the display is twisted a bit and shifted to the right. Also the size is off a bit. I tried to carefully adjust the unlabeled pots on the board, but nothing is affecting position. I got the size mostly dialed in now, though.

I can use a magnet placed strategically to untwist the display, but still nothing on the offset of the screen. The magnet is also making the text size vary across the screen (they scrunch more and more toward the right side) so, I am not happy with that solution.

Would loosening the yoke and adjusting it be the right trick or do you think some components my be the issue like aged caps?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

This is what I am looking at (no magnets being used here) :

Both the BT-044S and this monitor seem to be doing the same thing. I have tried different video sources. I am wondering if it might be the nature of this type of screen or the very close proximity to the flyback transformer. Just looking for tips on where to start to figure out how to correct it.

Last edited by Retroplayer; 05-13-2020 at 06:30 PM.