Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2021, 02:48 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortalexfan View Post
I sent old coot a pm but haven't heard back from him yet. I actually paralleled 3 6V lantern batteries together and hooked them up to the radio and turned the radio on and measured the voltage and the voltage was around 5.8V with the radio on and the tubes did light up, but there was no audio and I didn't hear anything from the vibrator.

I did then return the 2 Duracell lantern batteries to the hardware store and got my money back, which I'll use for the battery OC is offering me.

I have an old 1960s vintage 6/12 V battery charger that was my grandfathers that I can use to recharge the battery that OC is offering me (which I did accept his offer, but I haven't heard back from him yet).
At the point where the paralleled lantern batteries lit the tubes, the next step would have been to give the vibrator a sharp rap on it's side with the handle of a screwdriver and see if that got it to start. Not hard enough to dent it of course, but enough of a hit to hopefully dislodge the possibly stuck contacts. I still wouldn't take it apart till OC's battery arrives, if that much available current don't get it buzzing then yeah it's surgery time.
Audiokarma